A fast and reliable broadband service is as important as good road and rail links for businesses today.
It's vital that our businesses − including those in rural locations − are at least on a level playing field with other areas of the UK and further afield.
Better, faster broadband means businesses can:
- Compete in a global marketplace − even from a rural base.
- Expand their customer base.
- Use video conferencing software for face-to-face contact with customers and suppliers in the UK and abroad without leaving the office.
- Move more of their business online using 'cloud' services for file storage, accounting and management systems.
- Become more profitable.
- Benefit from job creation and business expansion.
Derbyshire has over 39,000 businesses, many of which are small to medium sized enterprises (SME's). Statistics show that SME's with an online presence are growing three to five times quicker than those without.
Find out more about the benefits of better, faster broadband for businesses or take a look at this short film to hear how fibre is helping local firms to flourish.
Ordering fibre broadband
Ordering fibre broadband is easy. Find out how in five easy steps
Is better, faster broadband available in your area?
You can follow our updates on both Facebook and Twitter
The following cabinets have recently been fibre enabled:
Ashover 2 (Woolley Moor)
Ashover E3 (Milltown)
Ashover E4 (Ashover)
Chapel en le Frith 12
Chapel en le Frith 17
Grindleford 9 (Curbar)
How we're doing
Faster homes and businesses
Miles of fibre optic cable laid
Exchange areas enabled